We accept the following as a statement of our faith in the great fundamental doctrines of the Bible.
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant, preserved, inspired Word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17). God used holy men to record His Word (II Peter 1:20-21). It is God’s revelation of Himself to us. It is, therefore, the sole authority for all areas of life. We believe the King James Version is the best translation in English and use it alone for all of our public teaching and preaching services and recommend that all members use it alone.
- We believe God exists in three distinct yet equal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He never had a beginning and will have no end (Psalm 90:1-2). He is omnipotent (Jeremiah 32:17), omniscient (Psalm 139:1-4), omnipresent (Jeremiah 23:24), immutable (Malachi 3:6), and eternal (Psalm 90:2).
- We believe God spoke the universe and everything in it into existence. He created everything out of nothing. He did it all in six literal, 24-hour days as we know them today. He did this all about 6,000 years ago (Genesis 1-2).
- We believe Jesus is the Son of God and is God. He had no beginning (John 1:1). He was present with the Father at the time of creation (Colossians 1:16). He was conceived by the Holy Spirit in the virgin Mary (Matthew 1:20). Therefore, He is both 100% God and 100% man.
- We believe Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for man’s sin. He died for everyone as the perfect substitute and atonement for man’s sin (John 1:29). He alone was able to be the propitiation for our sin (I John 2:2). It is His shed blood that makes forgiveness possible (I John 1:7). Three days later He rose bodily from the grave, victorious over death (I Corinthians 15:4). Forty days later He ascended bodily back into Heaven and promised to return again in like manner (Acts 1:11).
- We believe the Holy Spirit convicts of sin and regenerates the one who comes to God in faith. He baptizes, indwells, and seals all Believers at the moment of salvation (I Corinthians 6:19, Ephesians 1:13-14). The Holy Spirit is our Comforter (John 14:16). We are commanded to be filled with or completely controlled by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). He gives gifts to Believers at the time of salvation. Some sign gifts are no longer in use or needed today.
- We believe angels are created beings (Genesis 1:31). They are God’s messengers and help carry out His work. Satan is a fallen angel. His fall must have happened somewhere between Genesis 1:31 and 3:1. Demons are other fallen angels who followed Lucifer in his rebellion. Their final destination is the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:10).
- We believe man was created in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27). This means that man possess some of God’s attributes. However, Adam’s sin marred that image, and everyone now receives that fallen nature at the moment of conception (Romans 5:12).
- We believe salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). No amount of good works can save anyone. It is made possible by the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross (John 1:29). Salvation is available to everyone (John 3:16). Because there is nothing man can do to earn salvation, there is nothing anyone can do to lose it (John 10:28-29). Those who are saved will enjoy eternity in Heaven (Revelation 21-22), while those who are not will be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe the church is the world-wide body of all those who are saved. The local church is a specific group of Believers in a specific area. While Christ is the Head of the church (Colossians 1:18), He gave pastors and deacons to lead and serve within the local church (I Timothy 3). God gave two ordinances to the church, baptism by immersion (Acts 2:41) and the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 26:26-29). These should be observed within the context of the local church. Church discipline is carried out to maintain the purity of the church (Romans 16:17-18) and to restore the unrepentant Believer (Galatians 6:1).
- We believe in the imminent, pre-millennial, pre-tribulation rapture of the church. Following this will be the Tribulation on earth, the Judgment Seat of Christ and the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in Heaven, the Second Coming of Christ, the Battle of Armageddon, the Millennial Reign of Christ, and the Great White Throne Judgment.
- We believe God has commanded that intimate sexual activity outside the confines of a marriage between one man and one woman is sinful. We believe polygamy and cohabitation are sinful. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. Membership and fellowship will be denied to those who perpetually live in these lifestyles until thorough repentance takes place. Any employee of NBBC participating in any of the above activities will be terminated from employment. We believe the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. By one man and one woman we mean naturally born to that gender, not transgendered. Marriage is not the joining of men with men, women with women, or transgendered people. (Genesis 2:18-24, Genesis 19:5, 13, Leviticus 18:1-30, Romans 1:26-29, I Corinthians 5:1, I Corinthians 6:9, I Thessalonians 4:1-8, Hebrews 13:4).
9:45 am Sunday School
11:00 am Morning Service
6:30 pm Evening Service
7:00 pm Bible Study
New Beginnings Baptist Church
638 Rte 394
PO Box 15
Kennedy, NY 14747
Phone: (716) 267-0021
Click for directions